5 Tips to Refresh and Re-energize This Spring
Spring has sprung and the natural world is re-awakening all around us. I have been hearing the melodious songs of the birds each da , the vibrant colors of yellow daffodils and purple crocuses blooming in the garden and on my walks around the block and I even saw a mother swan nestled on her nest of eggs.
Spring is a time of renewal, hope, planting and new beginnings. Many of us, have been feeling a bit sluggish, bored, sad, and for some even restlessness from not only the winter doldrums but also the from the changes and effects the covid-19 pandemic has had on us. We are learning new ways of living and are needing re-evaluate our lives and come up with a new plan for ourselves.
What do you want to clear out in your physical environment and within yourself? How do you want to feel? What do you want to do? How can you refresh and re-energize and feel renewed? Now is the time to plant those seeds of new beginnings and watch these spring dreams as they come to fruition throughout the year.
Here are five tips to refresh and re-energize this Spring to get you started.
- Go outdoors. Listen to the bird songs around you. Celebrate the arrival of spring simply by sitting outside and listening to our feathered friends. If you are unable to go outside, sit by a window and listen to the beautiful birdsong flitting in.
- Now is a great time to take advantage of being at home and clear out the clutter. Embrace the feeling of letting go and release when you free up space in your physical environment – and your mind.
- Bathe in the blossoms. Enjoy the beauty of the wonderful flowers and trees in bloom while out for a walk, sitting in the yard or bring a bouquet of freshly picked flowers indoors and place them on your table, desk or nightstand to enjoy.
- Spend time gardening. Clear out the weeds and dead leaves making way for new growth, plant some new seeds and bulbs, feel and smell the fresh soil of the Earth underneath your hands, breathe in the fresh air, and feel the warmth of the sunshine on your skin and clothes; soaking in the natural source of Vitamin D. If you live in the city or a small apartment, start a window garden indoors or on your patio or balcony.
- Eat mindfully. Spring is a great time to start eating lighter, adding more greens and colorful vegetables. Be mindful of what you put in your body. Cut down or eliminate sugar, processed foods, caffeine, alcohol and nicotine from your diet. This is overall good for your health and wellness and will also strengthen and protect your immune system which is very important at this time.